Final Report on Pilot Programme Implementation
The scope of the report will cover the preparatory work undertaken prior to the commencement of the implementation of the pilot programmes in Mitchell’s Plain, Western Cape and Mamelodi and Hatfield, Gauteng. The report will then deal with the actual implementation of the pilot programme at both sites and report on the five objectives of the pilot programme, namely:
- Intervening with children
- Strengthening of key institutions to plan and deliver services and programmatic interventions for CUBAC
- Placing CUBAC on the agendas of local, provincial and national child justice co-ordinating committees
- Awareness raining on CUBAC
- Increasing knowledge on the nature, extent and cause of CUBAC (reporting on Objective 5 of the APSO)
Finally, the report will examine the outcomes of the project and draw certain conclusions on the challenges and resultant recommendations.